5.20.2011

Rainy Day Friday

I was going to post recipes on Wednesday and Thursday...

No really, I was.

But then I got tired.

So I didn't.

It's raining and cloudy and chilly today and that means one thing.

Soup.

Behold, a delicious chili recipe perfect for a chilly day.
(you like that play on words, I know you do.)

1 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 can kidney beans
1 can white kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 package taco seasoning
1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup water

Cook hamburger and onion until browned, add beans and tomatoes including juice, add taco seasoning, chili powder and cinnamon, add water. Give it a good stir. Go on, don't be shy with it. REALLY put some muscle behind it. Whoa, not that hard. There you go. Bring to a boil, cover, simmer on low for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.

You can sprinkle some cheddar cheese or do a dollop of Daisy. I like to serve it up with some cornbread. Don't get fancy, I just use the Jiffy mix.
Hint: if you don't like crumbly cornbread, just add an extra egg!

Enjoy your heart (and hand) warming meal my friends.

♥ K8

p.s. high five for 2 followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment