6.08.2011

Dressing Room

You get a two-fer today.
{again, no pictures}

We had a BBQ with our neighbors on Sunday and I made a nice salad to go along with our chicken.

The only salad dressing we had was this creamy cucumber stuff, which is good.

But not what I wanted.

I decided to turn to my secret lab and concoct a dressing of my own!

{well, not of my own invention, but I made it myself}

Raspberry Vinaigrette


Ingredients:

1/2 cup raspberry jam
1/4 cup olive oil
3 Tbsp white vinegar

Heat jam in a small sauce pan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Remove from heat and add olive oil. Whisk together until well mixed. Add vinegar and whisk again. Give it a taste to see if you want it a little more vinegar-y. Allow it to cool completely in the fridge. You can either pour it over your fave salad, or stick it in a gladware for another day.

I like it on:

Romaine or green leaf lettuce, shredded
Handful of Craisins
Mandarin orange segments

Toss it all together. BAM salad.

♥ K8

No comments:

Post a Comment