6.18.2011

Cookie Fail {and win}

Tonight I made cookies to contribute to the Father's Day gifts for the guys at church tomorrow.

I found a recipe on AllRecipes.com that sounded simple and had 4 1/2 stars out of 5 with almost 1,800 reviews.

Dream come true, right?

Wrong.

Enter The Cookie Fail:

This is what happened when I tried to scrape them off the pan

I think these are crackers...

Not excited about this recipe

Then I turned to my "Cookie Bible" I got as a wedding gift for a classic PB cookie recipe that can't go wrong.

Ingredients:
1 cup {2 sticks} butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter {can use crunchy or creamy}
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Beat butter, peanut butter and sugars until creamy. Beat in eggs. In separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir into batter until blended. Refrigerate for an hour. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheets {don't need to grease or use non stick spray, they come right off}. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss cross pattern. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.


Much better.

{this is a gross picture of me, but when you have 2 kids and you just wasted half an hour on a useless recipe, you look a little tired}

Cookie Bible saves the day and the men of the BYU-Idaho 81st Married Student ward.

♥ K8

3 comments:

  1. Peanut Butter cookies are seriously the best. Sad that those others didn't turn out! NOT fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you still have the link to the bad recipe, you should post it, and save others that wasted half hour or more.

    If you need cookie recipes, I have cookie recipes. LOTS of them. Maybe I could send them, and you could do a blog around Christmas for them, because they're mostly Christmas-type cookies.

    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats a great idea mom!

    also its a little worrying to see an email that your cat has commented on my blog.

    ReplyDelete