5.16.2011

Comfort Food

Fried chicken, a hot casserole, good ol' mac and cheese.

Comfort food.

Makes a rainy day cheerful and can heal a broken heart. I figured I would start with my favorite comfort food:

Meatloaf

My husband thinks it's a waste of meat. I think it's incredible. This one is a very straight forward recipe with nothing spectacular...except the sauce. The sauce makes this meatloaf extraordinary. I pair it up with some mashed potatoes (instant is A-OK with me) and gravy and green beans.

Makes about 4 servings (2 slices per serving)

2 lbs ground beef (can also use ground turkey)
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 egg slightly beaten
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup oats (can use quick or old fashioned)

Mix it all together and shape into a loaf in loaf pan or baking dish.

Sauce:
1/3 cup ketchup
2 Tbl brown sugar
1 Tbl mustard

Mix together and spread over top of loaf. Bake at 375 degrees for an hour. Let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing.

Another thing I love about this recipe is by using spaghetti sauce, you get some veggies in there. It also makes AMAZING sandwiches the next day!

♥ K8

No comments:

Post a Comment